30 Jul 12 Astrology Life Hacks
Putting the Plan in Planet. Astrology is a tool we use in metaphysical counseling, and it’s a tool we use to map out business strategies, write and launch books, plan moves, map out goals, and so much more. So how can you use astrology as a life hack? Here are twelve ways you can play with astrology to enhance your life.
“Time is an illusion, timing is an art.” ― Stefan Emunds
1. Know thyself. You are so much more than your Sun sign. The best place to start learning astrology is by studying your own chart. A natal reading will show you the inner workings of your patterns, lessons, and opportunities.
2. Keep an eye on the sky. This too shall pass, but when? Getting a pulse on approaching transits helps you maximize the opportunities and avoid curve balls. We offer a free monthly forecast, podcast, and a free version of our digital astrology calendar that is written in everyday, easy to understand language.
3. Get a competitive edge in business. Look for career boosts, start projects, connect with strategic partners, place ads, and write sales copy while Mercury-and-Saturn or Venus-and-Saturn are making positive aspects to each other and to your natal chart.
4. Love bombs. Find the best dates to fall in love, get married, go on a first date, or renew an old flame by watching for a good Venus transit or aspect. You can also determine someone’s love language by learning more about their Venus sign and house placement.
5. Become a better parent. Find your child’s Moon sign and gain instant access to understanding their emotional needs. Find their Mercury sign and get insight on their learning process and communication styles. Wanting to conceive? Look for a positive transit to your 5th house, like Jupiter’s ingress and the Moon.
6. Know your blind spots and politely decline. You know those days you should have just stayed in bed? Astrologers predicted those and you can too. Pump the breaks when (1) Mars and Neptune are squaring anything, (2) the day before a planet goes retrograde, (3) the Moon is Void of Course.
7. Save yourself from a bad move by checking out the astrocartography. Location astrology helps you identify what planetary lines are going through different cities. Looking for love and an easy retirement? Find a Venus or Moon line. Ready to make a commitment and sink some roots deep? Look for a Saturn line. Want to set up a tour for your band? Find cities on a cool Neptune line. Is it time to take your work to the foreign market? Astrocartography can identify which cities would support your projects.
8. Take time to heal. When Chiron is making moves, our emotional landscape starts shifting. Chiron transits and aspects mark ideal moments for overcoming the odds, healing from the past, and moving forward into the light.
9. Identify self-improvement portals! The New Moon is the best time of the month to start a new project, diet, or routine… but you can also look for Solar transits and aspects, as well as positive transits to your first house for renewal and vitality.
10. Plan your year ahead. Your birthday is the perfect time to get a solar return reading so you know where to invest your time and energy in the year ahead.
11. Zoom out. Scan the outer planets. See where Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are in the Skies. They move slowly and will be in the same sign most of the year. Knowing where these planets are in the Skies gives you the ability to know what house they fall in in your birth chart and can give you big picture information about your year.
For some examples: Jupiter transiting your first house can be a time when you gain weight, while Saturn transiting your first can be a time when you get in shape. Transiting Jupiter through your fourth house is symbolic of getting a new home or moving to a bigger space. Neptune transiting your tenth house can signify career confusion, while Saturn transiting your tenth can indicate the best year of business you’ve ever had.
12. Figure out what you came here for. Studying your North Node sign and house placement gives you a connection to your sense of purpose and destiny. Our deep dive readings will help inspire you.
Pro-tip: If you want to keep that advantage dialed in, there is a free version of our digital astrology calendar on the calendar page.
Astrology is a lifetime study. It’s not a course you can take in a few hours and get the hang of. Knowing this, we try to make astrology accessible to all levels of interest through our social media posts, articles, podcast, etc. Studying the planets, signs, and houses is the secret sauce to identifying astrological life hacks, and lucky you! We have free handouts and core classes to help you learn all that and more.
Tiffany Harelik, MA, RYT
Tiff offers private sessions and classes. She uses the Golden Tarot deck combined with yogic philosophy and her lineage of Russian mysticism to answer your questions through practical advice. She holds a Masters degree in Health Psychology and founded Spellbound Publishers, a metaphysical book company. She owns and operates Wise Skies. When she’s not reading star charts you can find her advocating for bees and gardening. Follow her work at www.TiffanyHarelik.com