26 Feb Full Moon in Virgo 2018
The Full Moon enters Virgo on Thursday, March 1st at 6:51pm CST with a focus on health, work, and the archetype of the inner Priest/Priestess.
Earth sign Virgo is ruled by detail-oriented Mercury. We can take advantage of the Virgo Full Moon energy by organizing the details of life and getting things in order that we have been putting off for months.
- Is there a health crisis that needs your attention?
- Is there an ending that is ready for completion with your work?
- Are you undergoing a rite of passage?
Chakras, Yoga & Meditation
- Virgo rules the Root Chakra with other Earth signs Capricorn and Taurus. The Root Chakra is what helps us ground and stay connected to our tribe.
- Check out these yoga poses from Yoga Journal to ground your Root Chakra for ideas, or let being close to the Earth inspire your next yoga sequence.
- Connect to Yourself, Your Energy and the Earth is a three part meditation from Fred Haas with healing sound vibration that clears and activates the root chakra, and grounds you to the earth. Here is the link to download the track. The first part of this meditation helps you get in your body and be with your experience. The second part is an energy exercise that provides the opportunity to connect with your energy and feel the sensation. The third part builds on the experience of being with yourself and connecting to your energy to ground your experience and energy to the earth. Grounding is a fundamental and necessary activity that helps you stay connected and centered. It is good to practice this throughout the day.
Ceremony, Prayers & Intentions
The Full Moon each month brings closure, endings, and finalities. When the Full Moon is in Virgo, you can best utilize the magic of endings in the areas of service, communication, criticism, nit-picking, etc.
- Where can you be productive?
- Where can you be methodical?
- Where can you be predictable and dependable?
- What needs to be said?
- What self-criticism can you let go of?
Other things ruled by Mercury that you may want to consider in your prayers: Buying/selling, Circulation, Cousins. Credentials, Doctors, Gossip, Headaches, Insanity, Juveniles, Journalism, Libraries, Messenger, Mother’s relatives, Congregations, Copyrights, and Nerves.
Recipes & Health
Earth sign Virgo is ruled by detail-oriented Mercury. Depending on how you are experiencing this Full Moon, you may wish to cook Earthy recipes that help ground you. If this is the case, try roasting root vegetables or making a hearty bowl of French onion soup. How about a slow-cooked roast that comes out of the oven (or crockpot) right on time). However if you’re already feeling heavy and the weight of being grounded, you may want to try recipes that feel a little lighter and fluffier to bring in the element of air. The Moon in Virgo is a great time to practice baking and any cooking that requires precision.
For another perspective, Virgo rules the digestive system. Cook nourishing foods that support your stomach and good digestion. Be sure to also read Molly’s holistic health forecasts for wellness ideas to boost your health: The road to health is paved with good intestines.
Where is 11’ Virgo in your chart?
The Full Moon will fall at 11 Degrees of the Virgo. Here is a passage from “Degrees of the Zodiac Magnified” by Mohan Koparkar Ph.D:
“This degree has some stresses in the area of marriage or partnership. Their duality of nature creates marital difficulties. Marriage relations have a lot of socializing, which they like; but inside the house, they have a difficult time accommodating their spouse in their activities. They seem to communicate all their difficulties logically and emotionally, but their physical needs do not get proper attention. They are into very unusual professions which are against their basic principles, but for financial reasons, they stay in those areas. Externally, it looks like a very rich degree but they have to plan, conserve and discipline their resources to keep healthy financially. As a result, when it comes to money, they suddenly become very unemotional and strange. Work habits sare very methodical and everything has to be done in such a detailed way that nothing can go wrong. Their ability to cope with details is the backbone of their job. Intellectual resources are lazy in the beginning, but once they decide to do serious thinking, they achieve wonders. Childhood is full of creativity and hyperactivity; and usually they get into a lot of trouble.”
There is a heavy Piscean influence to this Moon with 5 planets in Pisces:
Chiron, Venus, Neptune, Mercury, Sun. There is more romance in the classical sense, idealism, unworldly fairytale, heroism at great personal risk, generosity, charity, etc. I know this is the Full Moon post, but I wanted to focus on Chiron in Pisces for a minute here. This placement represents the great mystical crusade or quest. So you can be thinking about your life’s greatest quest when you’re reaching for mantras and meanings around this Full Moon. This placement is good for several months, so it’s not a one day influence we are feeling.
Examples of people that have Chiron in Pisces can help give you a better idea of the vibe. Jacques Cousteau, Billy Graham and Karl Marx.Also Lucille Ball and Phyllis Diller. Several Presidents including JFK, Nixon, Ford, and Reagan all had Chiron in Pisces. The science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard who is better known today for founding the Church of Scientology has his Chiron in Pisces. At one point he dropped off the radar and lived on a fleet of boats (think about Pisces being a water sign, and known for escapism)…
Two Jupiter trines on this Full Moon – green lights
Venus in Pisces trine Jupiter in Scorpio: The vibe with this placement reminds us to take it easy. It can be a good day for socializing, beautifying, arts and crafts, feng shui of the home, etc. Consider uplifting the beauty in and around you. Be aware of going overboard, overspending, and any extravagance, but don’t sweat it to badly. Spending is approved in this transit – make a good investment. Reach for the things that make you happiest.
Mercury in Pisces trine Jupiter in Scorpio: This is a positive aspect for business and legal issues, mentally prepared, able to articulate well, motivation is high. The Microscope and the Macroscope are in alignment.
Let me know what you’re doing with your Full Moon magic in the comments below, listen to the Podcast on itunes, and connect with us on facebook and twitter. We love hearing from you!
Until next time,