08 Mar April Astrology
Astrology transits reflect the influence the planets have on us as they move through the Skies and Gates of the Mandala. Not everyone experiences these energies, but for those that do, the experience is uniquely filtered through our individual Human Design. Here are some astrological guideposts to anchor into the April energy—woo!
by Tiffany Harelik, MA, RYT
The Sun is in the 21st gate.
This is the gate of the Hunter/Huntress, the Treasurer – and Biting Through. There is a desire to be in control of resources. This need to control can spring from lack-mentality, wealth/acquisition, fear, or intelligence. What themes around “control” do you notice popping up? The Sun moves into Gate 51(the gate of shock) on the 5th, and Gate 42 (the gate of completion) on the 11th. We will see influences from gates 3 (ordering), 27 (responsibility), and 24 (rationalization) the rest of the month.
We don’t know what we don’t know
It’s a new twelve year cycle! Jupiter conjuncts Neptune in Pisces, the sign that governs both Jupiter and Neptune, on April 12th. Cultural matters will be in the media (perhaps a spike in disease or complications with drugs/vaccines as Mars conjuncts Neptune early April, or a new genre of art/music). This can be the month an epic, masterpiece film debuts that changes the world.
On the high vibes side—this “kiss” occurs at the very midpoint of a Sun/Saturn sextile (the best possible case to create big magic). But it’s a very bumpy magic carpet ride for some—this twelve year cycle is initiated on the fixed star Markab at 23-Pisces which influences wealth and violence through fire and cuts/stabs. (Sorry). Conditions are ripe to magnify the unknown—we don’t know what we don’t know. Global tensions are prevalent with violence, ditortions, loss, and exile. To navigate these uncharted seas, we can always rely on our unique decision-making system.
April 27-28: I’m seeing Venus conjunct Neptune and Mercury trine Pluto—where do you want to give it a whirl? April 30 highlights love, money, and honey as sweet Venus conjuncts lucky Jupiter in the Skies.
Fresh Start! You aren’t designed to blindly follow.
It’s time to find the rhythm of your own drum. The Numerology shifts into a 1-month, in a 6-year. Focus, creativity, and fresh starts are available—especially when it comes to personal spaces and paces. This is amplified with the Aries New Moon on April 1st: an optimal time to create new habits, routines, and change your address numerology. Crystals to support a new cycle: Bloodstone for clarity, Shungite for purification.
April Astrology Transits – the start of eclipse season!
- April 1: New Moon at 11°Aries [6:24am CST] Where do you want a fresh start? New habits, hobbies, and routines. This phase signifies new beginnings and is a great time to set intentions based on themes of the house wherever 11-Aries is in your chart. Aries New Moon Intention: I welcome new experiences, perspectives, habits, behaviors, and ideas into my kingdom.I welcome childlike wonder and an open mind. I’m ready for a fresh start.
- April 4: Mars conjunct Saturn in Aquarius: spike in airborne disease, aggression at the border, military issues.
- April 5: Venus enters Pisces through May 2: Astrology lesson: Venus is exalted in Pisces, which simply means hotel Pisces is Venus’ favorite place to hang out. Consider a softer, wiser approach: what would Venus do in her most altruistic state? Heads up: people-pleasing behaviors wax and wane as personal boundaries tend to be more blurry.
- April 10: Mercury squares Pluto: Caution lights come on a few days before exact. Be aware of misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and deception. If things look too good to be true, they probably are. This is NOT an ideal time for travel, important communications, nor decisions. Let time pass. Pause and meditate when agitated.
- April 11: Mercury enters Taurus through May 10: Practical, down-to-Earth, conservative mindsets are your secret weapon. Watch out for any stubborn, or bull-headed tendencies and replace them with this consideration: What do I need in order to feel safe and secure? What am I trying to control—that I want to surrender?
- April 12: Jupiter conjunct Neptune: new 12 year cycle begins. magnification of the unknown. Is it too good to be true, or big magic? Beware of overdosing on love, drugs, escapism, art, and losing oneself.
- April 15: Mars enters Pisces through May 24: Indirect resistance. False leadership. Passive aggressive behavior can be a call to love. Are you codependently avoiding confrontation, or thoughtfully choosing your emotions and actions? Check in with anger, or guilt about our anger. This can also be an incredibly creative window. Mars helps us focus. Pisces reminds us about compassion. Keep asking yourself: is this the most compassionate choice?
- April 16: 🌕 ♎︎ Full Moon at 26° Libra. Full Moon Intention: I facilitate equality and reciprocity between my head and my heart. Balance happens, inside and out. Set intentions around finding a sense of completion through fairness, internal justice, recognizing areas that have been unbalanced, and finding closure with any unhealthy partnerships. It’s time to balance the scales in your own heart. Reminder: this is an inside job.
- April 20: Sun enters Taurus through May 21: Happy Birthday Taurus! We can all tap into our loyal, dependable, luxury-loving Taurean vibes.
- April 29: Mercury enters Gemini and Pluto Retrogrades. Gather information, keep conversations rolling, get different angles to process ideas. While retrograde in Capricorn for five months, Pluto invites us to reflect on how we’ve used our personal power, where we’ve given our power away, and where we can become more empowered or help others to remember their power. Now replace ‘power’ with worth. Now try it with ‘love’. Look back over past Pluto retrograde cycles for clues and patterns:
- 2020, April 25 to October 4 – 24°59′ to 22°29′ Capricorn
- 2021, April 27 to October 6 – 26°48′ to 24°18′ Capricorn
- 2022, April 29 to October 8 – 28°35′ to 26°06′ Capricorn
- April 30/May 1: New Moon Partial Solar Eclipse in 10-Taurus (conjunct Uranus). What’s coming unearthed? Did you know the ancient cultures used to work with eclipses to wage wars? Celeste Brooks will teach our membership a special live class on this eclipse, and give you her hot take on how it will affect you personally. Crystals for solid foundations: Tiger’s Eye for empowerment, Rose quartz for compassion.
by Tiffany Harelik, MA, RYT
Texan to the bone, Tiffany is a fourth-generation Austinite who shares her practice from Travis and Callahan counties. Her family lineage is steeped in Russian and Celtic ancestry. She holds a Master’s in Psychology and specializes in guiding clients through deep diving intuitive sessions. When she’s not writing the astrology column, you can find Tiff bee keeping, gardening, and midwifing new books at Spellbound Publishers. Explore her creative projects at www.TiffanyHarelik.com