06 Mar Full Moon in Virgo March 12, 2017
We can take advantage of the Virgo Full Moon energy by organizing the details of life and getting things in order that we have been putting off for months. But the simple desire to organize the files today can turn into a massive frenzy to clear out the storage unit when Mercury squares Saturn and exacerbates OCD tendencies. Keep it simple and stay out of the line of fire if you can. Accidents with harsh words are likely today, so be wise and revise before hitting send. It’s possible you may find yourself at the wrong place at the wrong time saying the wrong thing. A good use of this Full Moon energy would be organizing the refrigerator or pantry. Focus one one project at a time.
Remember that Venus is Retrograde currently and old patterns, issues, and themes around love and money are also coming up for healing. The Full Moon is a good time to put some of these things around love and money to rest.
Chakras, Yoga & Meditation
- Virgo rules the Root Chakra with other Earth signs Capricorn and Taurus. The Root Chakra is what helps us ground and stay connected to our tribe.
- Check out these yoga poses from Yoga Journal to ground your Root Chakra for ideas, or let being close to the Earth inspire your next yoga sequence.
- Connect to Yourself, Your Energy and the Earth is a three part meditation from Fred Haas with healing sound vibration that clears and activates the root chakra, and grounds you to the earth. Here is the link to download the track. The first part of this meditation helps you get in your body and be with your experience. The second part is an energy exercise that provides the opportunity to connect with your energy and feel the sensation. The third part builds on the experience of being with yourself and connecting to your energy to ground your experience and energy to the earth. Grounding is a fundamental and necessary activity that helps you stay connected and centered. It is good to practice this throughout the day.
Ceremony, Prayers & Intentions
The Full Moon each month brings closure, endings, and finalities. When the Full Moon is in Virgo, you can best utilize the magic of endings in the areas of service, communication, criticism, nit-picking, etc.
- Where can you be productive?
- Where can you be methodical?
- Where can you be predictable and dependable?
- What needs to be said?
- What self-criticism can you let go of?
Earth sign Virgo is ruled by detail-oriented Mercury. Depending on how you are experiencing this Full Moon, you may wish to cook Earthy recipes that help ground you. If this is the case, try roasting root vegetables or making a hearty bowl of French onion soup. How about a slow-cooked roast that comes out of the oven (or crockpot) right on time). However if you’re already feeling heavy and the weight of being grounded, you may want to try recipes that feel a little lighter and fluffier to bring in the element of air. The Moon in Virgo is a great time to practice baking and any cooking that requires precision.
For another perspective, Virgo rules the digestive system. Cook nourishing foods that support your stomach and good digestion. Be sure to also read Molly’s holistic health forecasts for wellness ideas to boost your health.
What are you up to this Full Moon? Leave us a comment! We would love to hear who you are and how our forecast has helped you!