14 Dec January 2022 astrology forecast
"Hope begins in the dark." Anne Lamott
What themes are baked in? What’s there to savor? When should we avoid burnout? Astrology shows us where to find ports in the storm. Get our 2022 predictions here!
Article by Tiffany Harelik, Wise Skies Collective
Big Picture Theme: A LightHouse
The North Node shifts into Taurus, while the South Node into Scorpio for 18 months. Find your inner Stevie Nicks – that Earthy Practical Magic is what works this year. Unplug, buy responsibly harvested crystals, think about what type of Earth steward you want to be [ask me about beekeeping!]
- Focused effort yields results: embrace what is, instead of what could be
- Self-care that involves financial honesty and integrity is sexy
- We’re not trading love for money anymore [Venus is retrograde until the 29th]
- Awareness for what does work: simplicity, truth, practical action
- Acknowledging what doesn’t work: relying on outside resources, manipulation, lies, secrets, seduction, emotional hijacking
Numerology: There's No Place Like Home
January is a 7-Universal Month in a 6-Universal Year: The 6 helps us to take care of ourselves in this new territory of a 7-year of liberating self-study. This is a great year for soul-searching and spiritual connections made at home. It is a wonderful time for reflection, introspection, and truth-seeking. It’s possible you are feeling antisocial or detaching a bit in order to continue a personal quest and that’s ok. The puzzle pieces come together when you create daily routines at home that fill your cup this month.
- Acclimating to a new pace or space
- Finding a Spiritual home [yoga studios, church families]
- Family traditions [and updating house rules/boundaries]
- Home Sweet Home: feng shui, redecorate, reflow, address numerology shift
- Shelter from the storm: home protection [insurance, food security]]
- Craving home cooked meals: have a handy list of go-to comfort meals
- Re-mothering yourself: what advice would the wisest Mom give you?
- Ancestry and lineage work
Astrology at a Glance
- Venus is Retrograde
- January 1: Sun Trine Uranus: Happy New Year!
- January 2: New Moon at 12° Capricorn [6:33am GMT] + Mercury enters Aquarius
- January 4: Enneagram: Find your Number Zoom workshop with April! [members-only]
- January 6: Human Design Support Zoom 12p CST with Leisha! [members-only]
- January 14 Mercury retrograde [Aquarius-Capricorn] through February 3
- Jan 17: Full Moon at 27° Cancer 11:48 PM GMT
- Jan 18: Uranus direct in Taurus + The North Node will shift into Taurus, the South Node into Scorpio.
- Jan 20: Sun enters Aquarius
- Jan 24: Mars enters Capricorn
- January 29: Venus direct in Capricorn
Best days: Jan 5-7 Venus Sextile Neptune (Jan 9: Sun Conjunct Venus Love is in the air)
Caution days: January 9-11: Mars square Neptune
January Astrology: Weekly Overview
Hurry culture is out. 2022 is a 6-Universal year with the North Node moving into Taurus. The United States is facing our Pluto Return which will rock karmas set in place since 1776. This is a long walk. This is not a year to crush goals, it’s a year to slow down.
Slow culture is in. January kicks the year off with both Venus and Mercury retrograde. In a time when we are adjusting from massive world and personal changes, we need our ‘Mom’. We need some down time. We need our homes to be our rock. This is a critical year to help that Earth rock by slowing down, and coming to terms with pollution and toxins through practical action.
- Venus is Rx
- January 1: Sun Trine Uranus: Happy New Year! Sparks fly (the good kind). Try something different, make a new friend, answer the phone
- January 2: New Moon at 12° Capricorn [6:33am CST] Where do you need to hit the reset button? What new projects do you want to start? Where do you need to make a commitment? New Moon Intention: I easily do things with a sense of fulfillment and purpose. Make wishes around: what needs to be renewed in terms of your public identity, make wishes about landing your dream job, or set your ambitions on a new course. This phase signifies new beginnings and is a great time to set intentions. New Moon intentions are most potent during the first 8 hours of when the Moon is New. Get extra insight to what is renewing in your life by studying the house where you have 12-Capricorn in your birth chart.
- January 2: ☿♒︎ Mercury enters Aquarius: Fire up your inner rebel, get passionate about a cause, and raise the vibe in your network. Things can get weird and wonderful with Mercury in freaky Aquarius through January 26. Heads up: take care of important details before Mercury retrogrades on January 14.
- January 3: Jupiter squares the North Node: major twists of fate
- Jan 5: Venus Sextile Neptune
- Jan 9: Sun Conjunct Venus Love is in the air. This pleasurable transit can be a good time to schedule the sweeter things in life. Think creature comforts, relaxation, and delicious connections.
- January 11: Mars square Neptune Safety first. Caution lights come on: Poison, toxins, deception, confusion.
- January 14 to February 3: Mercury retrograde [Aquarius-Capricorn]. Communication, travel, and electronics have a way of going haywire during Mercury retrograde – stay patient as times change. Reexamine where you stand in certain groups, rethink your wishes, and revise plans. Can we be ok with some structures shattering for the purpose of rebuilding on a more solid foundation? What are your standards of integrity? Have they changed over time? There’s lots to think about – stay curious and open-minded for the best possible solution.
- Jan 17: ♋︎ Full Moon at 27° Cancer 11:48 PM GMT Full Moon Intention: I love feeling good at home. Set intentions around: family, inuition, cleaning the fridge, organizing the pantry, restoring order to your kitchen and places you go to feel nurtured. Out with the old! This phase signifies the completion of a cycle, endings, and closure wherever 27-Cancer is in your chart.
- Jan 18: Uranus direct in Taurus: The energy slows way down the day before and the day of Uranus direct. You may find yourself more hungry than usual. This is your body’s way of grounding and seeking comfort. Plan a healthy, homecooked meal to stay satiated and signal safety to your inner knower. Go easy, let the dust settle as times change. . Sun Trine North Node this day too. Good karma! Blessings upon blessings upon blessings. This is an auspicious time to connect with your highest soul’s purpose – you are your own guiding light. This is a time filled with luck, flow, and relative ease. Notice the bonuses in your life. This transit can be felt a day in advance and occurs twice: January 18, and September 8.
- January 18: The North Node will shift into Taurus, the South Node into Scorpio. Embracing what is, instead of what could be. Self-care that involves financial honesty and integrity
- Jan 20: ☉♒︎ Sun enters Aquarius. Happy Birthday Aquarius! We can all tap into the friendly, independent, and unconventional Aquarian vibes through 2/18. (Pssst… We have birthday readings and gifts for your Aquarius at www.wiseskiescollective.com/)
- Jan 24: ♂︎♑︎ Mars in Capricorn. What mountains are you climbing? Mars fuels ambitions, long-term plans, and overcoming the odds while in Capricorn through March 6. Watch out for stubborn tendencies: are you holding yourself back from greatness?
- January 29: Venus direct in Capricorn Elders, Mentors, Mountains. Reconsider any longterm plans or goals. How has your life pivoted and changed from what you thought it would be like at this stage? Give yourself permisison to create a new dream, make a new vision board, and change the course of your life however you want to – then be ready to take the first step when Mercury goes direct February 4. Go slow through February 18.
BAD NEWS: We are no longer offering workshops to the general public.
GOOD NEWS: All of our workshops can be accessed in your member area.
New to the Wise Skies membership? For $22/month, you’ll get VIP access to all our favorite content. Here’s what you get in January:
- AstroTarot – tarot readings for every sign in the zodiac [from Tiff]
- Akashic Records focus: What do we need to know about 2022? [from April]
- Nine Star Ki this months shifts [fom Jen]
- NEW HD support live zoom discussion: first Thursdays! 12p CST [Jan 6th with Leisha]
- LIVE Enneagram workshop: know your number [April] – this will be recorded for those who can’t make it
Looking Ahead: February 2022 highlights
- February 1: New Moon at 12°Aquarius [5:45am CST] What wishes do you have for the future?
- February 18: Jupiter sextile Uranus: one of the biggest transits of the year – huge window of opportunity for conflict resolution, a return to joy, and taking a chance. It can indicate big money and solutions from uncanny places.
- February 20: USA Pluto return hits the first of three times – the turning of a nation is upon us.
- Membership focus: relationship support, ancestry, and the nine star ki new year
by Tiffany Harelik, MA, RYT
Texan to the bone, Tiffany is a fourth-generation Austinite who shares her practice from Travis and Callahan counties. Her family lineage is steeped in Russian and Blackfoot ancestry. She holds a Master’s in Psychology and specializes in guiding clients through deep diving intuitive sessions. When she’s not writing the astrology column, you can find Tiff bee keeping, gardening, and midwifing new books at Spellbound Publishers. Explore her creative projects at www.TiffanyHarelik.com