08 Dec AstroMagic for the Full Moon in Gemini
Gemini may have you thinking one thing but feeling another: be clear with yourself and others. The Animals song “Oh Lord, Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” may be a good song to represent the vibe available during the Gemini Full Moon when the opportunity arises to heal through communication.
The December full moon is also known as the Cold Moon or the Long Nights Moon. Listen for ideas and messages of completion during these long, cold nights of December. The opportunity is there to get a deep and permanent change by resolving conflicts and misunderstandings between two people. On a lighter note, Gemini Moons love a great party, lots of variety and a choose-your-own-adventure kind of a night.
Build a full moon fire (safely, please) and have friends over for a potluck. Invite everyone to do a simple grounding exercise and then write your full moon prayers and wishes on paper. You can use different colored pens, write on various items like sticks or small boards instead of paper, and do anything fun to make it your own.
Gather around the fire and take a moment to unify the energy by taking a few deep breaths together. Those who want to say their wishes out loud may do so. Speaking them aloud will put everyone’s full moon prayers in the prayer field and strengthens the request in the cosmos. Next, place the prayers into the fire, symbolically letting go and turning the outcome over to your Higher Power.
This ceremony brings in the elements of Fire, Wood, Earth and Air. You may wish to bring in the Water and Metal elements by pouring water from a metal container over your fire once you are ready to put it out. If you prefer to stay out of the cold, you can do this ceremony safely inside. Consider using a floating candle and burning the prayers with the lit candle over water. If you would like to bring in essential oils to your ceremony, choose those that support lung health such as Eucalyptus and Peppermint. After you have spoken and burned your prayers, celebrate the release with a full moon feast.
Prayers & Intentions
- Look at relationships through spiritual eyes and acknowledge the mirror that may be happening. If you can point it out in someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at you, reminding you the issue you ‘see’ in someone else may actually be your own.
- Let your freak flag fly. Gemini is the sign of the twins, and your alter-ego may want a little me-time to take center stage.
- Take care of your car and transportation: book travel, get your oil changed, rotate your tires.
- Schedule appointments to heal the lungs, hands, arms and shoulders.
- Resolve conflicts and misunderstandings between two people once and for all.
- Ask for the need to have the last word be totally lifted from you.
- Ask to be removed from gossip.
- Ask for guidance about any changes of direction that need to be made.
- Host a tapas party and talk about interesting food.
Recipes for a Full Moon Feast
We follow the Moon in health astrology because the Moon is a strong driver of our emotions and habits. Just as the phases of the Moon have an effect on the tides, the sign of the Moon also draws physiological activity, fluid and blood flow to different areas of the body. Go to the Wise Skies calendar to see what sign the Moon is in today. When the Moon is in Gemini, cook with specific herbs or schedule treatments to strengthen and heal the lungs, hands, arms, and nervous system. Trauma to these areas is more harmful today. Moon in Gemini can be stressful for people who were born with the Sun in Sagittarius.
Moon in Gemini typically wants more variety. This may be a great time to try a new restaurant or create a new recipe. You may gravitate towards finger foods, handheld items, and foods that spark interesting conversation.
Always listen to your body to tell you what to eat. Each of your individual constitutions and constellations differ. Since Gemini rules the lungs and peppermint is used to strengthen the lungs, we pulled together a few peppermint-centric recipes for you to work with during this Moon. We encourage you to keep a food journal and notice what types of foods you are craving as the Moon travels through the zodiac.
Courtesy of the Wise Skies Kitchen
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoons local and/or raw honey
- 4 drops peppermint extract or to taste
- ½ cup coffee or 1 shot of espresso
- candy cane to garnish
Warm the milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes or until the cocoa powder has dissolved and the milk is completely warmed. Stir in the peppermint extract.
Add the coffee or espresso to your favorite mug, and pour the milk mixture over it. Garnish with a candy cane ‘stirrer’
Courtesy of the Wise Skies Kitchen
This is an absolutely delicious chocolate treat that we think you will enjoy. It’s melty, so keep it in the fridge, or a cooler if you decide to take it to work. We like to top it with a little salt, because salty sweet, yum!
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1-2 tablespoons peppermint leaves (fresh), chopped
Melt the coconut oil if it isn’t soft.
Mix raw honey, cocoa, and coconut oil. Mix well.
Optional: add a little vanilla, toss in some chopped nuts, dried fruits, or cinnamon.
Spread over a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
Optional: top with salt, finely chopped nuts, or fleur de sel.
Let it firm up in the fridge or freezer. Break or cut into chunks and enjoy!
Benefits of regular intake of coconut oil:
- improves the body’s immune system
- helps stabilize blood sugar
- helps stabilize fat storage hormone levels, promoting weight loss
- helps boost thyroid levels to increase metabolism, energy and stamina
- improves digestion and helps absorb fat soluble vitamins
- decreases cholesterol levels. Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid which has been shown to increase the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels.
Book a Holistic Nutrition Therapy Session or an Astro-Wellbeing Reading with Molly.
Book an AstroMagic Full Moon Reading with Tiffany.